Wednesday, February 16, 2011

one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...

i apologize for taking so long to check in with everyone.  it has taken some time for us to settle down after receiving our happy news.  as i last reported my hcg level on the day of my first blood test was 180 which is excellent.  they like for it to double every 48 hours which it did, my second was 422 and my third was 2005!  I should note that my third was actually 96 hours after because of the weekend but nonetheless superb news.  we haven't had any contact with rrc since my last blood test.  we go in one week from today for our ultrasound to determine how many implanted, to check for a heartbeat, and confirm that it is not ectopic.  time is standing still to say the least, but it feels like we are on the downhill slide now.

as for symptoms, i have been feeling pretty good so far although i am only 6 weeks today.  i have felt pretty tired and just over the past few days certain smells have been bothering me but nothing major.  the strangest side effect has been that i am freezing all of the time!  for those of you that know josh and i the best, you know that we live like polar bears sleeping with the windows open and fan on year round.  strange, i know.  for the last several weeks, even with our recent heat wave, i have been frigid!  i have been sleeping with four blankets and still shiver half of the night!  apparently, it is fairly common but i had never heard of such a thing!  i truly don't mind any of the symptoms i have been having.  honestly, it is kind of a nice way of assuring me that there is something going on in there.

i feel very good about how things are going.  i think it will officially sink in after our ultrasound next week when we confirm that everything is okay although i am sure it will be.  we are going to stop by casssiy and jd's house afterwards and tell maddox and zoe which i am so excited about!  i am sure they will both be excited but zoe will be over the moon!  everyone keeps asking me if i feel like it is twins and honestly my gut instinct is no.  although, my sister pointed our that when i speak i refer to "them."  could be some crazy subconscious stuff going on .  my mom already refers to them (there i go again) as lily and louie although she has assured me that is just their pre-birth names:)  i just hope there is at least one healthy baby in there and for pete's sake not more than two!

i will check in after our appointment on wednesday to let everyone know how it went.  hopefully i will be able to share our babies first photos!  uh-oh. did i just say babies...plural???

No comments:

Post a Comment