Sunday, August 22, 2010

footloose and cancer free

i know i am way behind in my posting but i have honestly been meeting myself coming and going these past few weeks.  i looked for my phone for ten minutes the other day before i realized i was on it!  i did get word from my doctor that my biopsy results are good!  there are some dysplastic cells which apparently indicates change so they want to keep an eye on that area but the margins were free and clear and no sign of melanoma!  i feel like this in addition to getting my new job just might be the start of good things to come!

as far as baby makin' goes i have actually had a much easier time putting it out of my head than i thought i would.  it is probably due, in part, to the fact that i have been trying to wrap things up at main street while simultaneously trying to get prepared for my new gig.  i am so excited for this new adventure and just know it is going to be a great fit.  don't get me wrong, those lingering thoughts are still there but they are not consuming me the way they have over the past six months.  i actually feel somewhat normal...well normal for me anyway.  i did get on the website to look at the anonymous donors just to see what it was all about.  i feel less nervous about using an anonymous donor now that i see how much information they give us.  I haven't been back on the site since then, we don't need to begin choosing until november so i figure i will just drive myself nuts checking it everyday.

all in all, things are starting to look up.  i truly feel like this job was sent to me.  i think it will be just the self-esteem boost i need.  i think even the most confident person would have questions about their self-worth after the year that we have had.  tomorrow is my first day and i need to prepare so i am going to have to cut this short for now.  i will be sure to keep you informed as i go!

No comments:

Post a Comment