Tuesday, April 20, 2010

walking pin cushion

pretty good news today at the doctor.  my ovaries were suppressed and "quiet" as the doctors like to say.  they actually had trouble finding the one ovary that is quite a bit smaller than the other which of course concerns me but they assured me it is nothing to worry about at this time so i am choosing not to.  i will officially begin hormones this friday, i thought i better give everyone a heads up.  i have three in the morning and one at night.  i am going to be like a walking pin cushion.  scratch that.  i am going to be like a crazy walking pin cushion.  josh and i have to watch a video on how to do it beforehand so hopefully we will get it right.  i asked the nurse if it was pretty hard to screw up and she just laughed.  i am taking that as a good sign.

i continue all of my other oral meds for the time being except the birth control which i take my last dose of this evening.  as far as my calender goes it looks like i am going to be spending even more time in overland park.  some days i have to drive up there just to get my blood drawn.  i am going to try to schedule acupuncture appointments on those days with hopes of killing two birds with one stone.  i was actually surprised to learn they did not have a problem with me going in for acupuncture immediately after implantation.  they said as long as they don't have me doing jumping jacks in the waiting room i will be fine.  we all know i try to stay away from places that encourage jumping jacks.  i haven't decided 100% if i am going to do it or not.  i feel like i really need to think this through.  plus, i would like to go back a couple of times to see if i have the same experience.

anywho, i will be sure to post after my first injections.  i imagine it will be quite a story.  if my posts from here on out get a little crazy, or shall i say crazier, it is out of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment