Tuesday, April 27, 2010

tuesday's gone

i received a call this afternoon from our ivf coordinator notifying us that my estradiol level is good!  they like it to be above 50 and it is an 84.  growing eggs make estrogen and this level is and indicator of such.  this is a huge relief because had my estradiol level been low they could have possibly canceled this ivf cycle and started over with a new protocol.  i am not certain but i think that would have felt similar to getting hit by a train at this point.  so, as for now, we continue on with our original schedule.  although, for the amount of times "tentatively" is used on there i like to think of it as more of a guideline.  with that said, my egg retrieval and josh't biopsy are both scheduled for next thursday, may 6th.  tentatively.  give or take a day.  seriously, this lack of being able to plan is a challenge to my very being.  i am not exactly a go-with-the-flow type of person but i am hanging in there.

other than that, all is well.  had another acupuncture session last night that was wonderful.  for the first time, she had me lay on my stomach and put needles all down my back.  i fell so sound asleep i think i began to drool.  i go back thursday evening for another acupuncture session and then have another blood draw and ultrasound friday morning.  for now i continue the current shots and medications i am taking with no changes.  cassidy had the privilege of giving me my shots last night and this morning because i stayed at my mom's last night which i imagine was a nice vacation for josh.  we are keeping our fingers crossed for friday, hoping this lucky streak continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment