Tuesday, May 4, 2010

knowing is half the battle

ugh.  i went in for my blood draw and scan this morning, practically skipping into the doctor's office thinking i was finally going to get to make my plan for this week and next and to my surprise i don't know much more than i did friday.  my eggs are growing a lot but slower than most.  between my eggs and josh's sperm i hope these kids are good lookin' because they might not be riding the normal bus to school if you know what i'm sayin:)  all joking aside, there is still no need to worry they assure me.  i have to go back in tomorrow morning for another blood draw and scan and then they will supposedly determine the date of egg retrieval but they think it will likely be friday because my estradiol level is getting pretty high.  g.i. joe really nailed it when he said "knowing is half the battle."  that was g.i. joe right?  anyway, whoever it was they sure nailed it.

i had an acupuncture appointment right after my doctor's appointment that went very well.  i am not sure how she does it but i was pretty edgy when i went in there and within 15 minutes i was sleeping like a baby!  covered in needles and sleeping like a baby.  it is truly beyond my comprehension.  i have became completely fascinated with the whole procedure honestly.  it makes me feel like i did after i first saw a therapist, that feeling of why haven't i been doing this my whole life?  it just goes to show you can't rely solely on western medicine.  i shouldn't say can't because i am sure western medicine alone works great for some people but for me i feel i need a healthy balance of eastern and western medicine.

i am still feeling pretty good, i would say side-effects are minimal.  my ovaries, or ovary i should say since the left one doesn't want to cooperate, is quite large which is making me have to pee what feels like every 5 minutes.  and my boobs hurt so bad i want to have them removed and i am completely exhausted but other than that i would say i am one of the lucky ones in regards to the severity of side effects.  i am not really so much nervous about egg retrieval as i am anxious.  i have been doing very well so far at keeping all the bad thoughts at bay but i would be dishonest if i didn't say the possibility of not getting any or enough eggs to proceed wasn't weighing on me a bit.  i challenge you to find me one person who has been where i am sitting that hasn't had any of those thoughts.

anywho, i need to get some work done this evening because i wasn't planning on having to go back in tomorrow morning.  i have a jam-packed afternoon tomorrow at work but hopefully i can crank out a blog post over my lunch break after my appointment.  i should have quite a bit of information to report.

1 comment:

  1. You are Crackin me Up Girl with the short bus comments! You're babies are going to beautiful and smart - don't worry!!! Keep me updated - I'm following you everyday - multiple times! (I know sometimes it's nice to know that someone actually does read your blogs!)

    We can't wait to hear the Really good news - I know the process is going fast - but can you speed it up a little??

    Miss you and love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete